Made by Mother Earth
“The dark does not destroy the light; it defines it. It’s our fear of the dark that casts our joy into the shadows." — Brené Brown
Inspiration for this mala:
Making the commitment to grow takes immense courage and often the most profound experiences are born out of confronting the darker sides of our consciousness.
Negative and intrusive thoughts create a tremendous amount of suffering in our lives. Contemplative practices reveal the nature of thought to be nothing more than an illusion created within the mind. When thoughts inevitably arise during meditation, we are taught to turn our attention to the thought itself. Where is the thought? Can you see or touch it? These practices provide a window into the nature of consciousness. When we cast light onto the shadows of ourselves, we are able to break free from our mental shackles and eliminate unnecessary suffering.
Howlite is a unique stone believed to make a direct connection from the root chakra to the crown chakra, keeping you grounded while getting in touch with your spiritual nature. Labradorite is considered a deeply spiritual stone and is used for spiritual healing and protection against negative energy. Snowflake obsidian is used to dissolve trauma and fear while observing dark and uncomfortable sides of consciousness. The pattern on snowflake obsidian is believed to reveal patterns in our thoughts and behaviors.
Each Mala of Merit includes a Bodhi seed gathered from trees in the forest of Bodh Gaya. the very same forest the Buddha attained enlightenment.
- Howlite: Peace, spirituality, patience, associated with the crown chakra.
- Labradorite: Spirituality, healing, protection, associated with the crown chakra.
- Snowflake Obsidian: Persistence, courage, balance, associated with the root chakra
- Bodhi Seed Guru Bead: A symbol of enlightenment and higher levels of consciousness.
- 108 Beads: for mantra recitation; plus 3 marker beads to orient user position on mala
- Marker Beads: Positioned in traditional Tibetan style
- Stirling Silver Spacers: coated with rhodium to resist tarnishing.
- Hand Knotted: for superior strength & beauty
- Hangs 21” (+ / - 1”)